Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 19

I'll admit I've been rather quiet these past couple of weeks. Getting used to the drug, busy creating the next show, designing the show after that, and organizing a long-awaited togetherness break with Patrick (Dominican Republic - we were dreaming of Venice, but left it too late, and they hit high season when we're interested in going).

The drug: one of the side effects, especially when changing doses, is unusual tireness. I've never felt so low-energy, despite my improved mental state. Yes, this drug has effected my libido - much to my chagrin. However, my digestion has responded fine, I haven't lost my appetite, and I'm not losing weight. And I'm much more capable of dealing with my mental garbage than ever before, leaving me clear-headed to do my work. Now, if only I wasn't sleeping so much . . .

Things are moving along nicely for Moving Day. Though there are changes (to be expected with a new show) none have effected to overall vision of the show - just details and finessing, letting the peotic and magical quality of the writing and music come through.

Emily, the final show this year, is in a good place right now, but has budget restrictions which I have to deal with. A big show on a little budget? Definitely do-able, regardless of the challenge.
Real birch trees onstage, probably will upstage anything else I can do.

And the togetherness trip to Dominican - meaning "honeymoon", a word which is meaningless today (just received an email from "Restore Marriage Canada" yesterday, disturbing me to no end, since Patrick and I were married in September - don't they realize it's hear to stay?). Patrick and I finally have a week off together, something which will prove to be a rarity in the future, and we're taking the opportunity to get away, relax, enjoy ourselves and consummate our marriage (ha, ha). The official certificate just arrived in the mail. Very serious looking document, I'm told.

Mirthful moment today, as I picked up empty pill bottles from Shoppers Drug Mart: I was standing, waiting patiently as the kind woman behind the counter searched for lids to the bottles, when I glanced down at a patient information pad. The first item list read "patient is not on fire", forcing me to read it again. I thought, good god, what are they doing here if they are on fire?

It actually read "patient is not on file."
Laughter is good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Patient is not on fire" made me laugh out loud. Now you know why I spend so much time laughing to myself. This is how I see the world all the time.
XXX

10:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home