Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Emily, a missing cell phone and day five

Had a design meeting for Emily yesterday, the final production here at Talk is Free Theatre. It's a big show, moves reasonably quickly and requires period costumes. Being directed by Richard Ouzounian and musical directed by Marek Norman (book & lyrics, music & orchestration respectively), at first I was a little intimidated, considering the resources available here and the place these two men hold in the Canadian theatre industry. Upon meeting them back in January, and this most recent meeting, I find both Richard and Marek charming, supportive men and quite willing to pare-down the show. I'm very interested to see the results of the production, since it will not likely be what everyone expects.

Left from Niagara this morning, later than I would have liked. Realized after driving for a half hour I had forgotten my cell phone. I usually place it on the passenger seat for quick pickup. I turned around and got back to the house, Patrick had already left for the gym and I searched around for the phone. I even called it, using Patrick's cell phone, to try to hear it ring. Nothing. I re-checked the car, in unusual places, and still came up empty. Decided I must have filed it deeper than ever, and drove away again (I'm sure the cats must think I'm crazy, walk around the house just looking at things). As I was driving through Queenston, I saw Patrick driving toward me. I pulled over and waited for him to pull behind me and got out. He was still in his bathrobe! He saw my phone, and raced off after me, trying to catch up. Said he got as far as Jordan before giving up. What determination and wonderfulness he is. I wish he drove a motorcycle, that would be a vision!

Day five of being on apo-paroxetine. I'm less sure of the real effects of the drug, vs. the imagined effects, the placebo effect (since I know I'm taking drugs, of course I feel better! - I'm not a hypocondriac, so I don't think that could be true, but perhaps just knowing I'm on the road . . .). I admitted to Michelle that everything was mildly amusing, as though I had a joke I wanted to tell. Perhaps just the beginnings of feeling better, re-learning to enjoy things. Don't take it for granted. I didn't even realize it was gone. Which might explain previous emotional experiences that didn't make sense.

Well, on we go. Spring is just around the corner.
XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home