Sunday, February 12, 2006

What can I say . . .

Night of the full moon, working alone in the theatre tonight, getting stuff done so I can have a partial day off tomorrow, and enjoy some time in Toronto.
We're all tired, which is effecting our sense of the production, but I'm still having trouble taking much out of this show - the theatre is a job, like any other. I count myself lucky to be doing something I love, rather than doing a job I hate because I have to. So, continuing to create and move through the less-than-fantastic show, looking forward to the next one.
But continuing to do my best, give my all, as I always do. Every production deserves that attention, whether it be for children (when it should be even better) or adults, or re-examining a classic.
To everyone who works because they have to, who provide an essential service for all of us, thank you. I'm pretty sure the things I do provide you with an kind of essential service: filling the soul, encouraging laughter, eliciting tears.
Entertaining & enlightening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home