Friday, January 27, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOZART!
That's not really all I have to say today. Considering the results of the election earlier this week, it is nice to have a celebration of beautiful music to close the week.
Visiting the Ontario Science Centre tonight - going to the BodyWorlds 2 exhibit. I'm excited, and vaguely nervous. Since I'm working my way through a book of DaVinci's work, the inner workings of the human body are currently fascinating. I'm curious to see OTHER people reacting to the exhibit. The western mind is so fraught with shame about how our body looks and what it produces, I'm more interested in watching when people turn away, and when they edit FOR THEIR CHILDREN. Living with an eleven-month-old really enlightens how naked and shame-free we are as children, the freedom of not knowing social conditioning. Certainly some of our civilized values protect us all from each other, but to be ashamed of our naked bodies, the beautiful machine we inhabit, the gift we have been given? Maybe McDonald's is to blame (okay, not just McD's, but all fast food westerners eat gluttonously).
Well, it is a beautiful, sunny day here in Barrie. I'm off to buy some threaded rod.
XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home