Sunday, November 13, 2005

M.I.B. Issue #2

Okay, yes it has been three full weeks since the last/first installment - but I'm a busy boy. Let me know if you'd like a copy of the first MIB, as a refresher.
Okay - just the highlights (sort of like the news at 11, when they show all the hockey passes and goals, but cut out all the other boring stuff - well, it's all a bit boring to me).

October was build month for Glass Menagerie, and an attempt at designing another show, Home for Christmas, while also working on I Do! I Do! for Theatre in Port, Amahl and the Night Visitors for Evergreen Singers at Grace United Church, and the children's waiting area at Dr. Dave Fieldings dental office.
I won't do that all in one month again.
However, I'm thrilled with the results for Glass Menagerie - I decided to present the apartment as though it were a circular curio cabinet itself, using clear corroplast as the walls, and screening and sheer fabric. Gavin McDonald, who lit the show finally, did a wonderful job, making everything look great (even the portrait of the father is acetate with a paper backing, letting light through). Excellent performances, good experience all round.

Home for Saturday night, and several visits to collect props and costumes for Amahl. Should be a great show, first rehearsal on Tuesday.
Monday night Patrick and I spent together celebrating our five years together - since our first date. Had dinner at the River Bend. Wonderful night, great to see him. Back to Barrie the next day.

Trying to keep on top of everything for Home for Christmas since last Tuesday has been a challenge. Two right on top of each other is a bit much, without any staff. We'll pull this one off though. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

Which brings me to tonight. The breaker controlling the lights in the barn (scenic art and wardrobe) went off once, just prior to Patrick calling (which freaked me out). Then, around 9 p.m., the breaker went again. So I gave up. Can't sew in the dark.

Well there you go.
Wonderful to be here,
Much love to you,
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home