Monday, January 23, 2006

Our politics

I voted last week - at the early polls since I can't vote here in Barrie. I voted to keep Canada organized and efficient, rather than spending the next two years or so watching the government rip apart the previous two or three years work. When was the last time a government actually work together for the good of the country as a whole, instead of simply blocking the other party policies? You may vote for a Conservative (god forbid) and I may vote Liberal, but can't both parties see the inherent value of certain issues being brought forward?

I'm seriously hoping Canadians carry on the tradition of surprizing even themselves. Michael Moore is right - we have a wonderful sense of irony, but having Steven Harper as our Prime Minister? Does he understand the meaning of those two words? Will he continue to act like a five year old on recess while in the Chamber?

I'm tired of puffy, white, hetero businessmen running this country, without having someone in the House of Commons there to FORCIBLY REMOVE the idiots calling each other names. Let's solve our problems by screaming - it always works at home with the wife. I've met more intelligent reptiles (that might be an insulting comparison to the reptiles).

Tuesday is only six short hours away, here in Ontario. My only hope is that September 19th meant something to more people than just Patrick and I. www.michaelandpatrick.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Chesworth said...

My favorite piece of irony is this:

People were so disappointed in the 2004 U.S. election that Bush "actually" won, as opposed to the 2000 election where most agree that it was stolen.

Could it be that they were able to steal the '04 election more efficiently?

Is it *possible* that Harper was able to steal this election?

Nah....I'm a conspiracy theorist. I theorize that two or more politicians conspire to do things that are not in the public interest.

Now back to all of "coincidence" theories....

10:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home