Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year! MIB issue #?

Since I haven't been keeping up with my MIB file, I'll simply NOT number them at all. I've forgotten to do so thus far anyway.
Visited the dentist's office prior to the holidays - I'm quite impressed! The painters have done an amazing job, the sytro work that was created in Calgary looks awesome, and now I'm simply waiting for a return visit to see the completed train bridge.
Started building Playground, the next Talk is Free show, before the holidays. Written by Joey Miller, directed by Jim Betts, musical director Ryan deSouza and an amazing cast (Jeff Madden, Lisa Horner, Peggy Mahon, and others), set in a playground 1973. Simply set (painted floor treatment, silk panels above to represent the fall coloured leaves, sky drop of silk), except the swing, where I learned ALOT about chain (currently we have chain which is capable of supporting a piano!). Sounds great, I'm aiming to match and support.
Just returned to the north today, after the "holiday" week, during which Patrick and I packed up our little two bedroom apartment, and just yesterday, moved into a Frank Lloyd Wright influenced (or designed? we don't know for sure yet) two bedroom cottage! The space is amazing, a kitchen big enough for three bums, a designated studio space and PATRICK HAS A SHOE CLOSET! I actually heard him laugh heartily after arranging his shoes (I'm not sure if they are organized by era or by colour. I'll be sure to let you know). We're both loving the space, and the genuine "grown-up" feel of the house. Now we both need to learn that we can't hear eachother all the time.
I'm jumping back into the fray today, pushing forward to next week's tech days.
All my best and happiness to everyone for the New Year.
Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home